Whoever said hairspray was for women, was either a fool or just hasn’t tried it themselves. Protecting your hair against humidity and keeping it in place should be something that both genders enjoy. Go on and ask yourself this, how many times have you stood in front of your mirror for minutes trying to make a single strand of hair stay put without success? Don’t you want to spare less of your precious time on silly things like that? Well, if you answered yes, then you definitely have to get your hands on the best hairspray for men out there.
Additionally, the pump spray is designed in such a way that it won’t clog up like many other hairspray bottles. It is lightweight on your head and will not make your hair feel stiff. The bottle is filled with 8oz of hairspray.
1. What Is Hairspray?
You wouldn’t believe the number of people who are completely unaware of what hairsprays are used for. To answer this question, a hairspray is a common styling product that is used to keep your hair in place and protect it from humidity.
2. What Exactly Does It Do?
Hairsprays are used to provide the finishing touches in your hair styling process.
3. How Does It Work?
Hairsprays consist of multiple components such as plasticizers, concentrate, luster agents, propellants, and a variety of fragrances. They work just like any can of spray you’ve used before. Give it a shake before you spray it to mix the ingredients around and then press the top button to release pressure by spraying out the product onto your hair.
4. Where Can You Buy It?
You can purchase hairsprays from drugstores; but if you’re looking for the best hairspray for men, you can get your hands on it by doing your shopping on Amazon. The selection of products, in combination with the reviews from users that have tried them, will turn your decision process into a much faster and easier one, guaranteed.
5. Price Range
Even though hairsprays can be bought for a mere few dollars, the higher quality ones can cost as much as $20-25 or even more.
How We Reviewed The Best Hairspray for Men
When reviewing men’s hairsprays, we looked at which products sold the most. After compiling our best-selling list, we analyzed each hairspray’s features, price, pros, and cons. Then, in combination with user reviews and our own opinions on the products, we arrived at the final top 10 best hairsprays for men.
Overall Price Range Of This Product
Keep in mind that some products may be substantially pricier than others. This happens for several reasons, but is mainly due to the quality of ingredients used, hold factor, quantity, and how good a brand’s image is.
What We Reviewed
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow Out Spray ($)
- Gatsby Super Hard Set & Keep Spray ($$$)
- Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray ($$)
- Schwarzkopf Professional Got2b Rockin’It Encore Hold Hairspray Hair Styler
- TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hair Spray ($$)
- Vitalis Hairspray Pump Maximum Hold ($)
- Clubman Supreme Non Aerosol Styling and Grooming Spray ($)
- Sexy Hair Concepts Big Sexy Hair Spray ($$)
- AXE Spiked Up Look Hairspray of Men ($$)
- Sebastian Re-Shaper Hair Spray ($$)
- Formulated with a proprietary blend of polymers that spread easily throughout the hair, then rinses clean
- During blow dry, our specialized technology is activated by the heat of the blow dryer to create a flexible, lightweight...
- Creates volume styles that are naturally full, touchable, and long lasting with the look and feel of more hair
We are starting out with what many professionals consider being the best hairspray for men you can find at a fair price. The Luxurious Volume Fine To Full Blow Out Spray by John Frieda is a liquid spray which combines heat-activated polymer technology with the flexibility to provide touchable and salon blowout volume. It includes ingredients such as wheat protein and sea salt. Both women and men can use this hairspray as it smells like a lite pleasant fragrance. The product comes in a 4-ounce bottle.
- Strong Hold
- Lots of
- Smells nice
- Relatively cheap
- Many users reported a faulty spraying mechanism
Just as its name suggests, this hairspray is going to provide lots of volume and will hold for a whole day even under humid conditions and sweat. Only very hard wind will budge it. Regarding the smell, users state it doesn’t remind them of anything familiar but doesn’t smell unpleasant or chemical-like. The aerosol spray will distribute the product evenly on your hair, but make sure that you’re done with your styling before applying it. This is because it is going to lock your hair in place instantly and you won’t be able to fix it much. We strongly believe this product deserves a spot on our best hairspray for men list, especially when you consider it comes in a big 180g container.
- Extreme instant hold
- Great volume
- Neutral smell
- Large quantity
- Beach Waves - Body
- This product is made of high quality product
- This product is firm hold and natural finish
If you have thick or curly hair, then this is definitely the best hairspray for men that you can get. The sea salt ingredient adds luscious volume to curls. In addition, the wild ginger is very beneficial as it makes your hair roots look healthier and fuller. This high-quality sea salt spray is amazing when it comes to the definition it gives and the lovely smell thanks to the white ginger.
Paul Mitchell is one of the best brands in the cosmetic industry, so don’t expect to get it for cheap. The results will be big and mesmerizing.
- Works best on curly thick hair
- Great hold and volume
- Good for a beach look
- Comes out in a mist
- Pleasant smell
- Doesn’t work as well on thin hair
- Only 5.1oz
Similar to Paul Mitchell’s Awapuhi sea salt spray, this item was designed for both men and women with curly hair. That being said, it provides natural looking hair with a healthy bounce and a great hold. It comes in a 9.2oz aerosol spray can and is perfect for its price, as a few sprays will go a long way and last you all throughout the day without budging.
- Firm hold
- Big container
- Suitable for curly hair
- Nice smell
- TIGI Bed Hard Head Extra Strong Hold Hair Spray gives your hair extreme hold and staying power
- Gives you all day hold without the stickiness! Safe for Color Treated Hair.
- Holds any style
We love TIGI mainly for two things, great prices and high quality. The “Bed Head” line of products took the brand to the next level. We are all familiar with the hair wax, but can this product live up to its popularity of being the best hairspray for men. We believe it does. This hairspray will not provide any shine, but it will hold your hair in place throughout the whole day while also protecting it from humidity and dryness. It works best on casual and messy hairstyles. For 10.6 ounces, the price is amazing!
- Zero shine and high hold
- Large quantity
- Fair price
- Sprays in a straight line
- New! Long-lasting hold engineered for a man's styling needs, withy no stiffness or sticky feel.
- Advanced pump is designed for even coverage.
Even though Vitalis products are low-priced, they remain one of the top brands selling cosmetic products. The Pump Maximum Hold is essentially the best hairspray for men you can get for just a few dollars. Still, the hold is maximum (as marketed) and suitable for all hair types.
- Suitable for all kinds of hair
- Super strong hold
- Pump mechanism doesn’t clog up
- limited stocks because of high demands
- Clubman Pinaud Supreme Non-Aerosol Styling & Grooming Spray
- 8.0 oz
This hairspray is quite unique. You can tell that it was designed for men just by taking just a little sniff. The subtle scent is great and manly. It is going to work best with other products like pomades as it provides great hold and medium shine. That being said, it can still be used for all kinds of hair. It comes in an 8oz non-aerosol bottle. Being in a liquid form won’t let you down as the pump mechanism will dismiss the product in a suitable fashion.
- Works best with pomades
- Subtle nice scent
- Large quantity
- Normal-High hold and medium shine
- Sometimes the nozzle gets stuck
- Contains alcohol
- This light weight aerosol adds subtle texture to fine or thin hair.
- Maintains flexibility for easy style touch-ups.
- For use in the worst conditions to resist humidity and provide fullness.
If you want to look tough, then this is the best hairspray for men you can use. It works wonders when going for a style like spikes, a faux hawk, or a full-fledged mohawk. It offers just enough lift, hold, and volume to keep your hair in place without it feeling stuck together. You can still mess with it whenever you want to fix them or change them up a bit.
On top of protecting your hair from humidity, dryness, and UV rays, it contains hydrolyzed wheat protein for extra moisturizing. The product comes in a 10oz aerosol can, and the hairspray smells neutral.
- Works best with extreme-looking hairstyles
- Extreme hold and lift
- A large quantity of product
- According to some users, the product forms dandruff-like pieces
- Contains alcohol
- High hold, matte look hairspray that guys can use to create their best spiked up look
- Easy-to-use spray for long-lasting spikes
- No hairstyle is too extreme for this product!
This product is known for its extreme lift making it suitable for every hairstyle. It provides a matte look, so it works best with spiked hair or any pumped up style. Just like with any other AXE product, the smell is just great to make you feel beautiful and attractive without it being overwhelming. It holds hair so intensely that it won’t budge under any circumstances.
- Extreme hold factor
- Pleasant masculine smell
- According to many users, the nozzle becomes harder to push after some uses
Sebastian Re-Shaper Hair Spray
If we were to give it an alternative name, we would go for “the reshapable.” Thanks to its unique formula, this hairspray will make your hair feel like a soft mold. You are able to brush and touch it as much as you want to reshape your hair into a brand new hairstyle. That being said, the hold factor still remains one of the best in the market as it provides great protection from humidity as well. The hairspray comes in a big 10.6oz aerosol can.
- Lots of product
- Suitable for any hairstyle
- Sticky feeling
The Verdict: Which is the Best Hairspray For Men?
If you ask us, we think the top two hairsprays for men are the Gatsby Super Hard Set & Keep Spray and the Sebastian Re-Shaper Hair Spray. Both of them are great, but the one by Gatsby is a bit overpriced for most people. So in this case, we’ll have to go with the second option. We believe that the Sebastian Re-Shaper is the best hairspray for men currently available on the market. It provides a strong hold and is suitable for all hairstyles and hair types. Plus, the nozzle doesn’t get stuck!
Enter your text here…