The Braun 7 799cc series is one of the leading electric shavers available today. It is designed exclusively for men and provides an exceptional shave. It has a self-cleaning mechanism. This mechanism is extremely easy to use and keeps the shaver in optimum shape.
In addition to its self-cleaning system, this Braun shaver has a charging base that looks great in any bathroom. The pivoting shaver heads also help reduce irritation while providing a close shave. This review is going to focus on the strengths and weaknesses of this product.
Key Features & Main Uses
Braun Series 7 799cc-6 Special Edition
Product Name: Braun Series 7 799cc-6
The Braun 7 799cc unique design also allows the shaver to cut both long and short hairs in a single stroke, thus reducing shaving time.
It is designed to be used as both a wet and dry shaver. In addition, it also has three different modes of shaving to accommodate even the most sensitive skin types.
The base has a built-incleaning station that will help extend the life of your blades when used correctly. These features make it a great choice for both new users and experienced ones alike.
For a more detailed look at some of its main features, you can see this explanatory video:
Braun 7 799cc Strengths
This section will pertain to the most pertinent strengths of this shaver. These elements are what stand out most and make the product a great choice for many users.
- Easy To Maintain. The Braun Series 7 799cc electric shaver has a cleaning mechanism built into the charging base. This allows you to quickly and easily maintain your shaver with just the press of a button.
- Exceptionally Close Shave. This shaver provides a shave that will make stubble a thing of the past. This is due to how easily the shaving heads navigate over the unique contours of your face. The heads are able to deliver 10,000 micro vibrations per minute.
- Travel Ready. This shaver comes with a handy case that makes it ideal for travel. The unit also has an automatic voltage adaptation feature that allows you to easily charge it in both U.S. and European countries.
- Sensitive Skin Friendly. The Braun Series 7 shaver has a unique sensitive skin setting. This setting allows for an extremely close shave while reducing the risks of shaving irritation.
- Wet/Dry Compatible. This shaver is fully waterproof and is IPX7 certified. This means it can be fully submerged in up to 5 meters of water without any issues. This makes it a great option for wet and dry shave users alike.
This section will cover the overall weaknesses of the Braun 7 799cc shaver. These weaknesses can be a cause of concern for some users and may warrant further consideration before purchasing.
- Cleaner Replacements Add Up. The costs associated with replacing the cleaning cartridge can quickly add up. Assuming you use the built-in cleaner twice a week, you will need to replace it once every two to three months. The average cost of each replacement pack is around $12.00 for a pack of two. This equates to roughly $40 to $50 a year depending on cartridge pricing.
- Replacement Heads Are Expensive. When your shaver needs a replacement head, be prepared to spend up to $50. This cost will vary depending on where you purchase the replacement from.
- Just 50 Minutes Of Shaving. The battery in this shaver is only capable of storing enough charge for approximately 50 minutes of shaving when at full charge. This is substantially less than some other shavers on the market. However, the battery does support a quick charge feature enabling you to use it for a quick shave with only a slight charging time.
- No Backward-Compatibility. The cleaning station of the Braun 7 799cc charger is unique to this model. This means that if you have a prior version, you cannot use that cleaning station with this given model.
This shaver comes with several different accessories to help you care for it for years to come. It comes with the cleaning & charging station combination stand, one cleaning cartridge, a travel pouch, a smart plug adapter, and a cleaning brush.
User reviews are generally positive when it comes to the Braun 7 799cc. Buyers with sensitive skin seem to be particularly pleased with this product.
Many users noted it provides a very clean shave, as they would expect from a shaver of this quality. However, these kinds of shavers do tend to be more aggressive on the skin, leaving irritation marks and bumps. The According to users, Braun 7 799cc somehow manages to provide that clean look without affecting the skin.
Reviews also highlighted the fact that this particular model is very good at dealing with difficult hair types, such as coarse, curly and thick hair.
When it comes to maintenance, buyers noted that the it’s very easy to change the shaver cartridge. Changing the cartridge improves the shaver’s performance.
The Braun series 7 799cc shaver provides an excellent shaving experience that is ideal for new users and experienced shavers alike. The cleaning cartridge makes caring for the shaver a breeze and helps keep it operating like new. The two-year warranty offered by Braun is also quite impressive.
The shaver also has a useful trimmer attachment that is perfect for mustache upkeep and trimming sideburns. In addition, the quick charge feature is a great way to get a quick trim in with only a few minutes of charging time. These features make the Braun Series 7 799cc shaver an excellent choice.
Recommended read: Not sure if this is the right electric shaver for you? Take a look at our article on https://bestshavingsolution.com/braun-electric-shavers/