The Braun Series 3 comes as an improvement of other Braun shavers to offer better precision shaving. Braun has specialized in precision shavers and has been in the industry for a long time to deliver products with outstanding performance. The Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040 is designed to deliver straight and intuitive strokes, allowing you to shave quickly without experiencing razor burns. The unit is engineered to shave even the coarsest beards while being sensitive on the skin. According to the manufacturer, you can use this shaver even with a sensitive skin.
The specialized blades fitted on this unit makes it pressure sensitive. These blades are protected, ensuring a smooth shave with great comfort. Series 3 shavers and their components are engineered in Germany for great precision and attention to quality. This text is an assessment of the Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040.
Features and Main Uses
Unlike other shavers, the Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040 is offered with three specialized shaving elements for a smooth and gentle shave. Braun’s SensoFoil keeps your skin protected from the sharp blades. This lets you shave clean and smooth without unnecessarily experiencing and pain afterward. The ProSkin is offered with micro comb technology that allows it to catch more hair with a single stroke. This lets you shave faster and reduce skin irritation.
The blades are pressure sensitive. In case of pressure, the blades retract to keep your sensitive skin protected. This allows you a gentle shave and enhances a smooth skin feeling. At the back of the shaver, there is a large precision trimmer that allows you to shape your sideburns and trim your beards before you cut them completely.
For hard to reach areas such as under the nose, the thin precision head of this shaver gives you great convenience. This intelligent design makes it comfortable to use in all conditions. Like you would expect from a shaver in its category, the ProSkin allows you to shave wet or dry. All Braun shavers, including the series 3, have been tested in water, 5 meters deep, to show they are 100 percent waterproof. This allows you to shave in the shower and to rinse shaver and its components in warm running water after use.
Each unit is offered with a high-quality rechargeable NiMH battery that charges fully in 1 hr 45 min. When fully charged, the battery lasts up to 60 minutes. Charging for 5 minutes will let you shave once.
The Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040 has a number of advantages, making it a good choice for many users. Some of its highlights are:
- Quality build and great ergonomics: Each unit is designed with high-quality materials to resist impact. Again, the geometry of the shaver allows it to fit naturally on either hand, for comfortable use. While it has a compact size, it is large enough for large hands. Its great weight-size balance enhances usability.
- Long battery life with fast charge time: You can quick charge the battery, for 5 minutes, for a single shave, and it lasts up to 60 minutes of continuous shaving when fully charged. The powerful NiMH battery charges fast.
- Gentle on the skin: The Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040 is fitted with ultra-sharp blades, but it still remains easy on the skin. Its SensoFoil and pressure sensitive characteristics make a good shaver for sensitive skin.
- Easy to use: The Braun Series 3 is offered with fewer attachments and all you need to do is attach the head after ensuring the unit is fully charged. There is only a single button, the power button, which is easy to use. LED lighting on the unit shows the status of the battery; either low, full or medium.
- Faster shaving: The micro-comb technology catches more hair at a go, thereby, allowing you a clean shave fast. This means you can shave fast.
- Easy to maintain: If you are obsessed with keeping your electric belongings clean, the Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040 will come in handy as an easy to maintain the unit. Being waterproof, this unit can be washed in warm running water with no need for any detergent.
Even with all the good features, there is no shaver that is 100 percent flawless. The ProSkin has the following weaknesses:
- Not Ideal for Long Hair: The ProSkin is a good unit for those who shave every day where the hair does not get long. Otherwise, those with beard as long as Santa’s, or even slightly shorter, might need to reconsider the shaver. When shaving long hair, this shaver pulls it and it results in a painful shaving.
- Close Shaving needs patience: Even when the unit claims to have ultra-sharp blades, having a close shave will need patience. You will need to pass over an area a number of times. While this does not result to irritation, it might take longer than expected when you need a quick shave.
Besides the charger stand and charger cord, there are no other accessories offered with this shaver. The head of the unit is detachable, allowing you to replace it once the blades become dull. You are offered a carrying case for travel. Though a unit is waterproof, a cleaning brush would have come in handy. If you have had other razors, you can use their brushes for hair that sticks on the brush, grime, and dirt.
Users have observed that this razor offers precision shaving. It is an ideal choice for those who are looking for clean and smooth shaving from an electric razor. Users also love the powerful motor fitted in this unit. The rotary motor rotates up to 9300 times per minute, letting you shave fast. When this is coupled with the fact that the unit is offered with a rubberized handle, for a firm grip, it makes the unit perform great.
There are only a few complaints with a few users saying that the unit is relatively heavy at 11.4 ounces. Again, the price of the unit is relatively high and users on a budget have complained.
The Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040 is a premium shaver designed to deliver clean and smooth shaving anytime, anywhere. While its price is relatively high, its features are great and it offers great value for money. The unit is designed to shave facial and neck hair. It is also a great choice when you need to shave legs and other parts of the body. However, avoid using it on very long hair and hair that requires trimming or shaping, as it will pull it. Generally, the unit is worth the high price. It is durable and easy to use.