In this review, we take a look at the Braun Series 9 electric, foil shaver. Prices vary, but you can expect to spend about $250 for this on Amazon and elsewhere. Created by German manufacturing giant, Braun, this multifaceted shaving system goes beyond providing a close shave. The Series 9 includes the unique Braun cleaning and charging station that hygienically cleans and charges the shaver at the same time. This tidy unit is streamlined to consume a minimal amount of your valuable counter space while providing daily excellent service in return for its small footprint.
Key Features & Main Uses
Braun Series 9 9093s
Product Name: Braun Series 9 9093s
Certainly, the top selling aspect of any razor is the closeness of the shave provided by the product supported by minimal skin irritation. The Braun 4 part shaving system promises to cut close and even below the skin without damaging the skin. Many men testify to the effectiveness of this approach.
The secondary selling feature is the cleaning/charging station. When you shave, you repeatedly rub a sharp cutting tool across your skin. This naturally opens the skin in tiny ways leaving, it exposed to infection and irritation. By cleaning and sterilizing the razor, you remove the irritants left by the previous shave, present your skin with sterilized blades to avoid infection and charge the razor at the same time. This is a big attraction particularly as it is as easy as putting down your razor.
For more information on the Braun Series 9 electric shaver, you can view this official Braun YouTube video.
The Braun Series 9 9093s is available on Amazon for $264.97
- In this section we examine the features in more detail, with particular emphasis on the two big functionalities: cutting and cleaning.
- 4 Cutting Features. The 4 parts of this system consist of a lifting function to cut hairs that are leaning or lying flat on the face; a trimmer to cut hairs that grow in odd directions; the foil that enables closeness while protecting the skin and the Braun sonic technology that enables 10,000 vibrations per minute.
- 5-Position Head Lock. Both the head and the foils conform to the contours of your face. However, you can lock the head in any of 5 positions as appropriate. For example, many men find that the neck area is better cut with a fixed head.
- Modern Design. The shaver features compact, smooth lines and a chrome finish with anti-slide grip. Super bright LEDs indicate your power availability as well as the cleanliness of the shaver – this is a positive feature as many men so not put the shaver through the cleaning process after each shave.
No review of a new product is complete without a discussion of weaknesses or areas in which the product may improve. This section suggests several areas in which the Braun Series 9 may be considered in need of adaption or improvement.
- Expensive. Costing in the $250 range, the Braun Series 9 9093s is on the expensive side for shaving products. It is important to keep in mind that this is a tool most men use every day. For a quality, daily shave, that means you invest less than a dollar a day.
- Additional costs. The replacement foil and cutter cassette are also expensive, costing about $80. The replacement cleaning fluid can also add to the overall costs. The shaver’s cleaning fluid lasts for about a month if you clean your shaver every day. This is an issue that will be familiar to Series 7 users; replacing 2 or 3 foils and a few cleaner replacements is equivalent to purchasing a new razor which seems inherently unbalanced.
- Requires shaving adapter. The power cord is designed to power the cleaner/charger and you can use it directly with the shaver. However, the power cord does not have American-style electrical prongs. Thus, buyers in America must use an adapter which is not part of the kit.
In addition to the shaver, this kit includes the power cord, cleaning/charging station, leather travel pouch and a small brush for manually cleaning the razor.
Few users agree in every detail about the benefits of any product, and the Braun Series 9 9093s is no exception.
The often recurring user opinion is that the Series 9 is not enough of an improvement over the Series 7 to justify the cost. This is complicated by the fact that the new shaver model generally requires more expensive replacement parts as well as having a higher initial cost.
However, the fact that so many users discuss cost over functionality may indicate that many are satisfied with the performance of the shaver and only actually object to the price tag.
Some Braun veterans insist that, in side-by-side comparisons, the Series 7 gives a better, smoother shave. Since the 7 shares much in common with the Series 9, the two styles are logically comparable. What we cannot discern from this comment is the way in which the shaver used the product and beard conditions of the users. These are key factors in such an analysis.
Several users had trouble shaving the neck area and any areas with longer hairs and commented that the shaver dropped hairs rather than catching them, leaving the men with literal hair shirts and a mess around the sink.
Shaving circumstances vary so substantially that the wonder is that any manufacturer can create a product that works for a large percentage of the population. This shaver has a modern, ergonomic design, and attractive, effective shaving functionality. The double pivoting of the head and the foil enables comfortable movement over the face. The advanced cutting system of the Braun series 9 provides a smooth finish in a short time investment. Our conclusion is that the Braun Series 9 9093s is an excellent shaver. It’s especially well-suited for the man in a constant time crunch who needs to look well groomed every day.