The Philips Norelco Shaver 3100 is an electric shaver engineered with three rotating heads. This shaver gives you an easy and convenient shave while enhancing comfort and affordability. The unit is reminiscent of other shavers from Philips Norelco in terms of quality and performance. Each piece sports an ergonomic design that makes it easy to use. Even better, it fits cozily on either hand, giving you enough control while you shave.
This shaver features self-sharpening blades that give you a close and smooth shave, making it a good choice when you need to shave your beard clean. It also has a pop-up trimmer, letting you trim your sideburns and your hair. The ComfortCut Blade System fitted in this shaver lets you shave clean with a few strokes. This is especially important when you need to shave fast. This black shaver has a simple design with minimal attachments. First-time users, therefore, will have an easy time shaving.
Features and Main Uses
The Philips Norelco Shaver 3100 is for shavers who need a close, clean and smooth shave. For starters, it is fitted with ComfortCut Blade system. Each blade has a rounded head, letting it glide smoothly on your skin. This lets you shave without nicks and cuts. The three heads fitted on the unit rotate in up to four different directions to adjust, automatically, to the curves and contours on your face, neck and jaw line. This makes the shaver versatile by allowing it to shave other parts of the body such as the legs and arms. We consider it one of the best shavers for men. However, women can use this shaver too.
The shaver is fitted with a lithium ion battery. This battery takes eight hours to charge and offers 45 minutes of cordless shaving. If you are an experienced shaver, taking only three minutes or less to shave, you can shave cordless for 15 times. The battery is powerful and strong and you may not need to change it in many years.
You can shave wet or dry thanks to the waterproof nature of this shaver. This also allows you to wash the heads and other parts of the unit in running water. You can pop the head open to rinse after use. A pop-up trimmer on this unit lets you trim your moustache and sideburns as well as your hair. This trimmer is ergonomically placed for ease of use.
Each unit comes with a protection cap to keep the head protected when the unit is not in use. There is a replacement trigger on the unit, letting you replace parts with great ease. Centrally on the shaver, a LED display is fitted, showing you the status of your battery. The display comes in handy when you need to travel with this unit.
The Philips Norelco Shaver 3100 has a number of good features. Overall, its performance is great and the unit is highly versatile. Some of its strengths include:
- Ergonomic Design: The Philips Norelco Shaver 3100 sports a compact and lightweight build. The unit is curved to fit perfectly in any hand and allow you to hold it in any angle. This makes it an ideal choice for use in the bathroom and anywhere else. It sports a smooth, but firm grip, giving you even more control for precision shaving.
- Waterproof: This shaver is engineered waterproof for wet and dry shaving. When you are traveling and in instances when you need to shave fast, you can shave dry, and when you need to shave in the bathroom, shave wet. Being waterproof also makes the unit washable under a faucet.
- Get Close Shaves: The self-sharpening blade system fitted in this shaver lets you shave close, clean and smooth without nicks and cuts. The blades are made of high quality ground steel, making them long lasting.
- Sturdy and Durable: While this shaver is made of a number of plastic parts, it feels sturdy during use. Again, it is made of high quality plastic to resist impact and last long. This gives it value for money. The blades are stain and corrosion resistant, prolonging their life even further.
- Discounted Price: Considering its performance and construction, the 3100 is offered at a great price. The manufacturer has slashed the price by up to 20 percent, giving you value for money. The components of this shaver are also affordable and readily available.
The Philips Norelco Shaver 3100 has a horde of advantages and a few aspects that would need improvement including:
- Long Charging Time: The battery of this shaver takes up to eight hours to charge fully. After charging for this long, the battery only gives 45 minutes of cordless shaving. Compared to other units that offer up to 120 minutes of cordless charging, the battery would need improvement.
- Minimal attachments: While this shaver is versatile, letting you shave different parts of the body, it does not allow you to shave different styles since it does not have an adjustable comb. Granted, if you do not like shaving your beard clean, choose another shaver.
Even with these few setbacks, the Philips Norelco Shaver 3100 does not compromise on performance.
The Philips Norelco Shaver 3100 has less attachments and less accessories as well. You are only offered a charger and a head protective cap. You might have to buy a cleaning brush and a travel pouch to clean and pack the unit, for camping and hiking.
The 3100 has found favor with users. It poses as one of the best sellers in its category, and for a good reason. Users applaud the great performance of this shaver. The shaver is able to deliver clean and smooth shaves without having to repeat strokes so many times. Its performance is enhanced by the pop-up trimmer, which trims mustache, sideburns, and hair.
Users have also observed that this shaver is offered at a reasonable price, making it affordable among many buyers. Its great geometry, curved compact, and lightweight body makes it an ideal choice for beginners. However, the battery of this unit does not appeal to many users. It takes long to charge only to last for 45 minutes.
The Philips Norelco Shaver 3100 lets you shave your beards, neck and other parts of the body. This makes it a suitable choice for men as well as women. Its design makes it convenient to use while enhancing its effectiveness. Compared to other shavers from Philips, the 3100 has enough features to offer you a good shave without nicks, cuts or skin irritation. Overall, the shaver is impressive and offers good value for money. You have to know the limits of the shaver you are going for.
Do you think the Philips Norelco Shaver 3100 is worth its price?