The Philips Norelco QT4050 BeardTrimmer is a relatively high-end trimming device. It is designed to groom and maintain all manner of beard styles, from short stubble, to goatees, to full beards. This beard trimmer is the perfect grooming device for beginners. It has numerous features that ensure your beard is perfectly styled after each use. All you have to do is choose the right setting, and turn it on. The Philips Norelco QT4050 will do the rest.
Key Features & Main Uses
Philips Norelco QT4050 BeardTrimmer 7100
Product Name: Philips Norelco QT4050 BeardTrimmer 7100
The trimmer has a small vacuum that catches hair as you are shaving. the Stray hairs are stored in a relatively large vacuum shaver. You can open the vacuum chamber to clean up the hairs when you are done. You can clean the blades themselves using the cleaning brush, included in the package.
This Norelco trimmer is perfect for maintaining short stubble or different beard styles. It has 18 different beard length settings, which makes it one of the most versatile beard grooming products. However, you cannot use it for a clean shave. The Philips Norelco QT4050 Beard Trimmer comes with a contour following comb, perfect for men who prefer a short beard.
This product is great for beginners and advanced users alike. It is very easy to use and maintain. It features a wide variety of combs to guide you, so styling your beard will become incredibly easy. And since it’s maintenance free, you don’t have to worry about oiling or carefully storing the product.
You can find this product on Amazon for $149.99.
Philips Norelco QT4050 Beard Trimer Strengths
- Easy Cleaning: This little trimmer is super simple to clean. The Philips Norelco QT4050 has an integrated vacuum system that catches stray stubble as you trim. As an added bonus, the blades require no maintenance whatsoever, and never need oiling.
- Trimming Options: The Philips Norelco QT4050 features 18 trimming length settings, plus a contour following comb, perfect for styling your beard anyway you like and updating your look whenever you feel like it.
- Use cordless or plugged in: The powerful lithium-ion battery can store up to 50 minutes of charge. In addition, unlike other beard trimmers, you can use the Philips Norelco QT4050 while it’s plugged in as well.
- Portable: This trimming device is relatively small for its capacity. It does not include a charging station, and can be used cordless as well. Given the fact that the blades don’t require maintenance, you can easily travel with this trimmer, and not worry about carrying cumbersome cleaning and charging stations with you, or worry about how you’re going to clean it when you are on the go.
- Precision: The Philips Norelco QT4050 Beard Trimmer uses several incorporated length trimmers, plus the contour-following comb to ensure that you get a nice, clean, even trim whenever you use it, with minimal effort.
- No Mustache Trimming Comb: While this beard trimmer is perfect for maintaining beards, it’s difficult to style mustaches with it. The shaver head is somewhat wide and difficult to use on the upper lip area. This can be quite frustrating for men who have full beards and mustaches.
- No Travel Safety Feature: In spite of the fact that this trimmer is quite portable, there is no travel lock available on the model. While this is not an essential travel feature, given the fact that the Philips Norelco QT4050 is relatively expensive, a travel lock feature could have been included.
- Multiple Shaves Per Week: Razor blades wear out quickly if shaving more than twice per week. For those whose work requires them to be clean shaven every morning, this may be tedious.
- Long Charge Time: With an 8 hour charge time for less than 1-hour time usage, this isn’t the best trade-off on the market. Philips advertises 8 hours charge time for 50 minutes usage out of the box, but after a few months that drops off to about half an hour after multiple recharges.
- Vacuum May Be Difficult to Clean: The vacuum chamber is a very useful addition to this trimmer. It keeps stray hairs from flying all over the place. However, when it comes to emptying the vacuum chamber, where these hairs are kept, it can be difficult to get everything out. You empty the chamber using a tiny side door, and it can be quite hard to get everything out through the small opening.
The Philips Norelco QT4050 Beard Trimmer package comes with a power chord and the contour-following comb. It also has a cleaning brush. The shaving guides are incorporated in the trimmer. The package does not contain a travel pouch, which would have been useful. However, you can buy a travel pouch separately.
Most users are quite pleased with the Philips Norelco QT4050 Beard Trimmer overall. It does the job it’s supposed to do quite well. Most users enjoyed the wide variety of trimming settings this device has to offer.
User opinions are quite divided when it comes to the vacuum. Some users are quite impressed with how well it works. However, there are plenty of users who claim the vacuum is not as powerful as they expected. It seems the vacuum’s performance depends quite a lot on the users’ hair type and beard length.
One feature most users complained about was the vacuum chamber. Most found it quite frustrating to clean the relatively large hair chamber through the small opening. Many users also mentioned they would have liked to see some travel features included in the package. One user noted that the length dial can moves sometimes while the user put it away. With a travel lock in place, this wouldn’t have been an issue.
As with most Philips Norelco products, this beard trimmer is thoroughly reliable. It does it’s job well and has quite a sturdy build. Its price tag is somewhat prohibitive, considering the fact that you can only use it to trim and style your beard. However, since the blades are self-maintaining and do not require oiling, you can argue that the initial investment is offset by low maintenance costs.
All of the downsides this product has are mostly just minor nuisances. And the pros heavily outweigh the cons. If you want to buy a grooming device to maintain and style your beard, we would definitely recommend the Philips Norelco QT4050. It has plenty of features and options to suit your needs, and even allow you to experiment with different beard styles.