In this review, we will be looking at the Philips Norelco Sensotouch 2D 1150x, or, as it is more recently called, the Philips Norelco Shaver 6100. We will discuss its most and least desirable features to help you determine if it meets your needs.
The Philips Norelco Sensotouch 2D 1150x Shaver 6100 is an electric shaver for men. It uses modern technologies to achieve the close shave of a razor while remaining gentle against skin. All of these features will be described in detail in Philips Norelco Sensotouch 2D review.
Key Features & Main Uses
Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
Product Name: Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
Several functions make the device safe for sensitive skin. For one, it is waterproof, so you can use it while in the shower. You can use shaving products, such as creams and gels, without damaging it. Second, the SkinGlide head surface is built to keep the shaver running smoothly along the curves of the face to avoid skin irritation. These ease-of-use features make it a suitable choice for beginners.
Philips Norelco Sensotouch 2D 1150x Shaver 6100 Strengths
This section will explain the shaver’s best features. Make sure they match up with your needs.
- Shaves Close. The three rotating blades on the shaver head provide a shave close enough to rival a manual razor. You can remove even short stubble consistently and accurately with the lift-and-cut design of the blades.
- Wet or Dry. Because it is fully waterproof, you can use the Philips Norelco Sensotouch 2D 1150x Shaver 6100 in the shower for the greatest sensitive skin protection. Being able to use shaving foam, cream, or gel makes it versatile. You can also use it dry for a quick shave.
- Replaceable Head. You do not have to worry about replacing the entire unit when the blades wear out. You can take off the shaver head so that you can fit on a replacement. And you’ll likely need to replace the shaver head just once every 12 months.
- Travel-friendly. The unit’s voltage can adjust from 100 volts to 240 volts, making it reliable during international trips. Its quick charge features takes five minutes of charge time to give you three minutes of shaving.
- Powerful Battery. Built for a long life, the rechargeable battery keeps the shaver going for years. In addition, the battery display lets you know if it needs a charge, so you can always have it ready when you need it.
Here are the largest drawbacks of the shaver. Keep them in mind, and compare them to the unit’s strengths. It is best to weigh the strengths and weaknesses against similar models when deciding on a purchase.
- Cordless Only. The power cable cannot plug directly into the shaver. It only attaches to the recharging dock. This prevents you from shaving if the unit’s battery is empty. Being able to use the shaver while it is charging would have made it more convenient when you do not have time to charge it.
- No Carrying Case. With its light weight, compact size, and ability to adjust voltage, this shaver is great for travel. However, it would have made sense to include a pouch or case to hold it with all of its accessories. We would recommend buying a separate bag for it to keep it in top condition.
- Detachable Trimmer. A trimmer head is included with the shaver, but it is not built into the body of the device. In order to use the trimmer head attachment, you need to remove the shaver head. Including the trimmer was a nice addition, but it would have placed less wear on the unit’s connector if it was a flip-out trimmer instead of a detachable one.
The package includes the main body unit with the shaver head. A removable trimmer head also comes with it. It has a cleaning brush to remove hairs from the blades, and a protective cap to cover the blades when they are not in use. The recharging dock and its power cord come with the purchase.
According to most users, the Philips Norelco Sensotouch 2D Shaver 6100 works well for coarse hair on the face and neck. The closeness of the shave it delivers is quite impressive, considering the fact that it’s an electric shaver. The trimmer head is particularly good for dealing with sideburns and hair around the back of the neck.
Many users agree it would have been useful if there was an option to use the shaver while it was still charging. It shaves closely, but there are times when a quick shave is needed. If the battery was dead, users couldn’t shave at all. However, according to users, after it is fully charged, the battery does last a couple weeks on average.
Some users noticed that using this in the shower with shaving foam to reduces skin irritation to the point where it is not a problem. It cuts smoothly without leaving painful red bumps like many other electric shavers. Thus, for those who experience razor burn, this model makes a good option.
The Philips Norelco Sensotouch 2D 1150x Shaver 6100 offers a wide number of modern electric shaver features at a relatively low cost. Its incorporates quality designs to offer an experience comparable to a nonelectric razor. The flexible blade heads make it easy for beginners to use safely.
User comfort is taken into consideration with its construction. Options for wet and dry shaves let the user decide how it best suits them. It suffers from few drawbacks, most of which are common among similar models at the same price point. After balancing its best features and largest drawbacks, we would recommend the Philips Norelco Sensotouch 2D Shaver 6100.
Last update on 2021-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API