For those who prefer rotary shavers over foil ones, the Phillips Norelco SensoTouch 3D does is every man’s choice thanks to its flexibility and ability to provide a clean-shaven look. The shaver comes in four different variants, which includes the basic 1250x/40 as well as the 1250x/42, 1280x/42, and the 1290x/40.
In truth, the basic model is all you need and is available for just $179.99 on Amazon. The upgraded models are far more expensive. Thanks to its three-dimensional contouring capabilities, this rotary shaver is well worth the purchase price namely because of its many features and benefits.
Key Features & Main Uses
Philips Norelco 1250X/40 SensoTouch 3D
Product Name: Philips Norelco 8000 Model 1250X/40 SensoTouch 3D
Perhaps the greatest benefit is the fact that the head caters to those who prefer either a wet or dry shave. For those who cannot stand the hassle of prepping for a wet shave, the GyroFlex 3D System head is capable of gliding through dry, thick hair.
However, if you would rather opt for a wet shave, the no-slip grip handle ensures your hand stays in place for maximum control and comfort. Long gone are those bleeding knicks and irritating skin rashes thanks to the lift and cut capabilities of the Norelco Sensotouch 3D.
Part of what makes the Norelco SensoTouch 3D such a strong competitor is the fact that it offers quite an impressive number of benefits and its smart design features.
- A detachable head that it easy to clean. Many men toss perfectly good shavers because a clogged head proves too hard to clean. With the Norelco Sensotouch 3D, that’s no longer an issue. The head is easy to take off and clean.
- Comes with a Jet Clean System. The shaver has a self-cleaning feature that provides an alternative to the traditional cleaning, time-consuming cleaning method.
- Autonomous Maintenance. Apart from the self-cleaning feature, the Norelco Sensotouch 3D can also lubricate, and even charge itself at the same time. Maintenance is almost completely autonomous.
- Offers outstanding battery life. The Norelco Sensotouch boasts up to fifty minutes of shave time before it needs to be charged again.
- Cordless Design. Its cordless design makes it easier to maneuver the shaver around your face.
- Travel-Friendly Features. This shaver offers a travel lock design, relatively compact size. It also has its own protective pouch to keep it safe and sound while traveling.
- Quiet. Compared to many other shavers, this one has a quiet motor, meaning you can use it on the go without making a lot of noise.
Despite its many positives, the Phillips Norelco Senso Touch 3D is not without its pitfalls, which includes:
- No way to replace the battery. Once the battery has reached its lifetime limit, the shaver has nowhere to go but in the trash. Luckily, it was built to last for at least five years
- May lack closeness. Although the shaver does do an excellent job at providing a close shave, it does not achieve the closeness of linear shavers with faster motor heads
- Struggles with really thick hair. While it may clean that three-day stubble right off your face, the shaver is likely going to struggle with really thick, fully grown-in beards.
- Not as ideal for a dry shave. Despite the fact that the shaver is made for both a wet and dry shave, it appears that it does better with a wet shave compared to a dry shave.
- Charging stand lacks durability . Even though the shaver may be quite durable, the same cannot be said for the charging stand. Many users claimed it appears rather flimsy.
Upon receiving your shaver, you will also receive the Jet Clean System. This is the system which cleans, lubricates, and even charges the shaver all at once. The Norelco Sensotouch 3D also comes with a protectice pouch, which makes it easy to transport.
Most users seem to agree that they enjoy the Norelco shaver and all that it offers. One Amazon user noted that he appreciates the close, clean shave that he achieved when using the product. Most notably, he liked the look, feel, design, and quality of the shaver. He reported that the shaver was comfortable and quiet. He also remarked there was no need to press hard to remove stubborn hairs that often lie flat against the neck and face.
Other reviews were a bit mixed. Some said that the product did offer a decent shave. However, some users felt it was really not much better than that provided by a cheaper electric shaver. However, most were impressed with the durability and construction of the product.
Finally, there were quite a few customers that noticed the shaver failed to give them the closeness they wanted. The consensus among users seemed that using the shaver dry did not provide a very clean shave.
Overall, the Phillips Norelco SensoTouch 3D is an all-around great shaver for the price. While there may be other options available on the market for less, they are not likely to offer the same quality construction and durability as this shaver. In spite of the complaints, the shaver does seem to perform better than many other electric shavers on the market.
Finally, the 45-day money back guarantee and 2-year warranty make this shaver well worth it. The fact that it offers both wet and dry shave options combined with the fact that it cleans and lubricates itself while charging is pretty hard to beat.