The Butterfly Shaver Pro is built to remove hair from large swaths of skin. Because the head is so flexible, you the Butterfly Pro gently removes hair without cutting tender skin. This shaver is designed for women, but men also found it useful, especially when shaving their head and back. This article will take a look at the main features and uses of this shaver, its strengths and weaknesses, what accessories it includes, customer reviews, and our verdict on this shaver.
Key Features and Main Uses of the Butterfly Shaver Pro
Butterfly Shaver Pro
Product Name: Butterfly Shaver Pro
The Butterfly Shaver Pro can be used on longer hair as it doesn’t tug, and is great for trimming the bikini area. The flexibility of this shaver ensures a close and comfortable shave and skin that is free of nicks or cuts. Although this product should not be used in the shower or bathtub, it can be used for wet shaving with shaving cream. However, avoid shaving gels and rinse it with warm water after every use.
This product is great for beginners as it’s easy to use and does no cause superficial injuries to the skin. In fact, the large, yet lightweight handle is made from slip-proof materials to ensure maximum comfort and precision.
You can find a Butterfly Shaver Pro on Amazon.
Butterfly Shaver Pro Strengths
These are the most important benefits of the Butterfly Shaver Pro:
- Extremely easy to control. A little pressure on the blade heads and they will conform to ankle bones and shoulder blades.
- Easy to clean. Just place the head in warm water and turn the shaver on for a few seconds.
- No hair tugging. This unit will cut away long hair without getting tangled or yanking it.
- Cordless or corded.Once the battery is full, you can use it for about 90 minutes before you need to plug it back in.
- Easy to travel with. The Butterfly Pro is compact and only requires its charger.
- Great for head & back shaving. Even though designed for women, men found it particularly helpful with head and back shaving.
Butterfly Shaver Pro Weaknesses
Nevertheless, the butterfly shaver is not for you if you are looking for an ultra-close shave or for continuous cordless use. Here are all of its main disadvantages:
- Not as close as a shower shave. The spinning blades will not give you as close a shave as a classic razor, even with the foil shaver accessory on.
- Friction-fitted blades & accessories and low-quality design. The blades and accessories are held in place by friction which offers more flexibility, but can cause them to fall out of the unit. Changing or cleaning the blades after popping them off may be a hazardous or at least timely process.
- Charging challenges. The battery of this electric shaver seems to fail after a while.
- Pricier than others. It’s a bit more expensive than the Philips Norelco 2100 but does not remove more hair or give a closer shave.
The Butterfly Pro comes with a power/charging cord. You can get a Foil Body Shaver Attachment from Amazon. The manufacturer sells a rinse stand and a hard travel case separately on the SkullShaver website. You can also purchase a universal travel plug adapter from the same source.
Roy Bost, a verified customer from Amazon, is happy with the butterfly electric shaver and noticed he bleeds significantly less when shaving his head with this shaver. He also added the shaver works great for women, too, and did not encounter any issues with the functionality of this shaver so far.
Another happy customer, C Snarr, mentioned the shaver worked great at first, but began to malfunction after a few weeks. However, he gave a 5-star rating for the exceptional customer service by Skull Shaver. The company sent him a new device and advised him to return the old one, but urged him to keep the shaving heads from the broken-down shaver.
Emma Jenner noticed her skin doesn’t itch at all after using this shaver, which is an improvement over all the other shavers she tried. Another advantage of this shaver is its ease of use, which also makes it a quick and comfortable shaver, according to Emma.
Most of the positive reviews on Amazon & the manufacturer’s website mention how easy it is to control this shaver. More than half of the online reviews state they indeed noticed significantly fewer cuts and nicks. A customer who reviewed the product on the manufacturer’s official website says this lightweight product offers a clean cut.
If you are looking for a razor that flexes to your curves, offers 90 minutes of cordless shaving time, and doesn’t cause razor burns or skin irritation, you should purchase the Butterfly Shaver Pro. Nevertheless, you should also keep in mind the shave is not as close as with a classic razor. Even though some customers encountered issues with charging, most agreed the company offers stellar customer service and quickly solves complaints and issues with their products. Even though designed for women, the Butterfly shaver from SkullShaver is reliable and can be used by men.